Woody Allen’s ‘Midnight in Paris’ is the Cannes Film Festival opening night film, and will be opening all over France at that same moment on May 11th. Entirely shot in Paris, the film stars Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams and Marion Cotillard, as well as Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody, Gad Elmaleh, …and first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy in her acting debut.
Here’s how you can do the Cannes Film Festival Opening Night, even without an accreditation:
- 3pm - Pack a split of champagne and 2 glasses, and go buy your movie tickets for the late screening of ’Midnight in Paris’ at one of the regular town cinemas.
- 5pm – Gather near the Palais and soak in the crazed ambience. Dress up a bit and the mercenary tuxedoed paparazzi will rush to shoot your photo.
- 7pm - Watch the red carpet roll call of Hollywood royalty… If you can’t get up close and personal, no worries, it’s all conveniently simulcast on several nearby jumbo-trons.
- 7:15pm – Head off to your normal movie theatre and watch your own personal premiere of ‘Midnight in Paris’ while sipping the bubbly.
- 8:30pm – If you’re still in Cannes, hang out at the barrier near the alley behind the Palais (east side) to see the the stars hobnob after the film as they exit through the back way before leaving in their limos.
- 11:00pm – Still in Cannes? Try the Petite Majestic Bar behind the Grand Hotel, where the drinks are cheap and the crowds take over the streets!
See Related Page: How to do the Cannes Film Festival Without a Badge