Nice has an abundance of great museums, and even better, they’re almost all free! The big exception is the Chagall Museum, which at 7.50€ a pop is a major hold-out. This gets remedied on the first Sunday of each month, however, when even the Musee Chagall is free, so if you haven’t been in a while, now’s the time. The Chagall Museum is a little gem: intimate, inspirational, and the only art museum in Nice with audio guides. Even better: if you have an iPhone you can download the Audio Guide App (in English) for free!
While you’re up on Cimiez, why not make it a double header and check out the nearby Matisse Museum or tour the impressive Roman ruins at the Archeology Museum, built on the site of the Roman baths? Other options include a picnic in the ancient olive grove, and a stroll through the Italian gardens of the Franciscan Monastery.
- www.musee-chagall.fr/ Open 10am to 5pm, bus stop ‘Chagall’
- www.musee-matisse-nice.org/ Open 10am to 6pm, bus stop ‘Arenes/Matisse’
- www.musee-archeologique-nice.org/ Open 10am to 6pm, bus stop ‘Aerenes/Matisse’
- Getting there: Buses are frequent and you can take bus 22, 17, 20, or 15 (but on Sunday the 15 doesn’t run) Click here for the page Buses to Cimiez for the Matisse and Chagall Museums
See Related Pages:
- What to do on Sundays in Nice
- Where to Eat on Sundays and Mondays in Nice
- Buses to Cimiez for the Matisse and Chagall Museums
- Best Free iPhone Apps for Nice
See Related Blog Post: Free Sunday Outdoor Concert Series