The world’s most glamorous film festival starts tomorrow, and even if your VIP Badge got lost in the mail, there are still lots of ways to experience the Cannes Film Festival (and even see films!) without a badge.
The easiest and most fun is to attend the free beach screenings at Cinema de la Plage, on the sand and under the stars. This year’s lineup features several past Cannes winners as well as a Tribute to James Bond. Here’s the 2012 schedule:
- Thursday May 17th DOCTOR NO by Terence Young, followed at 11:30pm by CASINO ROYAL by Martin Campbell
- Friday May 18th PROJECT A by Jackie Chan
- Saturday May 19th LE FARCEUR (The Joker) by Philippe de Broca
- Sunday May 20th DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER by Guy Hamilton
- Monday May 21st FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE by Terrence Young
- Thusday May 22nd Repeat
- Wednesday May 23rd ON HER MAJESTY’S SECRET SERVICE
- Thursday May 24th JAWS by Steven Spielberg
- Friday May 25th RED TAILS by Anthony Hemingway
- Saturday May 26th …Surprise film
The screenings are at Plage Mace next to the Palais, and are preceded by a nightly concert starting at 8:30pm, with the films starting at 9:30pm. Grab a picnic and get in line early, but even if you get there too late for a comfy beach chair and blanket, if you bring your own towel you can still just spread out on the sand.
Want more? Click here for the Best of Nice Guide to How to do the Cannes Film Festival Without a Badge