They deliberately don’t publicize it, but there are lots of ways to see films at the Cannes Film Festival, even without a badge. …You just need to have the inside scoop on where to go and how to do it… and that’s just what Best of Nice Blog is here for!
- There are nightly free beach screenings of classic films (but not necessarily subtitled in English, so pick your night carefully…) and, with a nice Cannes touch, blankets and beach chairs are provided free as well!
- Line up early and get free tickets to the avant garde Critic’s Week Section at the Hotel Miramar.
- You don’t need a badge to buy tickets for the Director’s Fortnight Section at the ticket booth in front of the Marriott Hotel.
- If you have a car, you can go to the free ‘Off” screenings in theaters around Cannes.
- If your French is up to it, go watch Les Guingols and La Grande Journal broadcast live each night, across from the Hotel Martinez.
- And if you just want to star-gaze, the nightly red carpet scene is the place to be…
For more details on these options and more, see related page How to do the Cannes Film Festival without a Badge
“Yes, you Cannes!”