The Nice Jazz Festival is already known as the Riviera summer jazz festival with the most bang for the buck, but did you know that they also have a completely free side festival, the Nice Jazz OFF Festival?
Beyond the many partner concerts at bars, restaurants, jazz clubs and art galleries all over Nice during the lead up to the official festival, there are also a bounty of free high-quality open-air concerts …sometimes where you would least expect them!
Musical Markets, weekends July 1/2 and 8/9
For the next two weekends, shop with a swing in your step as Nice’s open-air morning markets (Saleya, Liberation and Saint Roch) will be serenaded with jazz.
Toe-tapping Tramways, weekends July 1/2 and 8/9
Between 10-11:30 and 4-5:30pm Saturdays and Sundays, roving musicians with be rolling through the trams…
Concerts in the Park: top of the Promenade du Paillon gardens
- Wednesday July 5, 8pm: James Andrews, the brother of Trombone Shorty, direct from New Orleans.
- Saturday July 8 at 8:30pm: Sophie Malbec plays the Blues, followed by an open-air film on Women in Blues
- Sunday July 9, 8pm: Prepare to be surprised with the fusional world music/jazz of Nadiamori
- Monday July 10, 8pm: Come see the winner of last year’s Tremplin, Les Mutants de l’espace (The Space Mutants)
- Tuesday July 11 at 6pm: Avant garde electro house fest with Radio FG Cote d’Azur
Gospel Concert at Place Massena, Sunday July 16 at 11am
A Nice Jazz Festival tradition is always a massive free outdoor gospel concert with the London Community Gospel Choir. Not to be missed.