Summer Night Crafts Market In the summer Cours Saleya never sleeps, and becomes a Summer Night Crafts Market. The rule is that everything must be hand-made or painted by the local artist, which happily eliminates mass-produced trinkets. It makes for a festive atmosphere, surrounded by the café tables and restaurants.
Take a stroll down the Promenade followed by an (expensive) drink at the beautiful Negresco bar: it’s the only way to get past the top-hat-and-tights doormen to be able to tour this fabulously eclectic hotel.
Or just wander around town and enjoy the street-side spectacle…
- Tango under the stars Thursdays Place Massena, Fridays at the MAMAC plaza (up the escalator), and Saturday at Rauba Capau, on the Prom toward the Port
- Friday night Rollerbladers
- Slalom-skaters and roller-jumping on the Prom
- An ageless Michael Jackson clone (he’s been at it at least 15 years!)
- Bela the Cat Man Actually, he’s only out during the day, but here is a video of “a day in the life” of one of Nice’s most unusual street performers…
Back up to Nice by Night page