Things to Do in August in and around Nice
Summer Night Concert Series – Free
The Soirees Estivales/Summer Nights concert series is an all-summer-long string of high-quality concerts of all musical genres, in all the little villages both close and far from Nice, and all free!
Other local concerts around town with Nice Music Live
Get in on the last weeks of the massive Annual French Summer Sales!
Assumption Day Fireworks – Free – August 15 (Update: cancelled in Nice for 2017 but still happening in all the neighboring towns…)
Pink Parade – ‘Le Gay Pride de Nice’ – Free … and freeing! Saturday August 20, 2017, starting at 4:30pm from the Tete Carree (behind the Modern Art Museum, tram stop Garibaldi)
International Fireworks Competitions – Free
- Monaco Pyromelodic Competition – through mid-August
- Cannes Festival of Pyrotechnic Art – through end of August
- Antibes Festival Pyromelodic – August
See Related Pages:
- Weekly Open-Air Food and Antique Markets – don’t miss the famous Monday Antique Market at Cours Saleya
- What to do on Sundays in Nice – free afternoon concerts, free museum days, Catholic masses, special family Opera matinees, plus a Sunday night open-air drag show in the Old Town…
- Nice by Nite – concerts, jazz clubs, salsa and tango venues, pub quiz nights, English-language theater and movie venues…
- Summer in Nice: 5 Ways to Beat the Heat