Update: click on my Cannes Film Festival page for current updated info, much more detail, and links.
They deliberately don’t publicize it, but there are lots of ways to see films at the Cannes Film Festival, even without a badge. …You just need to have the inside scoop on where to go and how to do it… and that’s just what Best of Nice Blog is here for!
- There are nightly free beach screenings of classic films (but not necessarily subtitled in English, so pick your night carefully…) and, with a nice Cannes touch, blankets and beach chairs are provided free as well!
- Line up early and get free tickets to the avant garde Critic’s Week Section at the Hotel Miramar.
- You don’t need a badge to buy tickets for the Director’s Fortnight Section at the ticket booth in front of the Marriott Hotel.
- If you have a car, you can go to the free ‘Off” screenings in theaters around Cannes.
- If your French is up to it, go watch Les Guingols and La Grande Journal broadcast live each night, across from the Hotel Martinez.
- And if you just want to star-gaze, the nightly red carpet scene is the place to be…
For more details on these options and more, see related page How to do the Cannes Film Festival without a Badge
“Yes, you Cannes!”