Things to Do in July in and around Nice
Villefranche-sur-mer’s American 4th of July Festival. A favorite US serviceman’s hang-out during WWII, Villefranche celebrates independence day with a 1940’s flair. Easy to get to from Nice by bus or train.
Nice Bastille Day Attack Memorial, July 14th. The saddest day in Nice’s recent history will be commemorated with a day of moving ceremonies.
Summer Jazz Festivals The Cote d’Azur hosts some of the best jazz festivals in Europe in July, including…
The massive Nice Jazz Festival July 16-20, 2019, 6 concerts/night over 5 nights
The purist’s favorite Jazz à Juan July 12-21, 2019 on the Riviera’s best sea-view stage
The super-fun Nuits de Sud completely invades the Vence town square for three weekends, from July 19-August 3, 2019
and the Beaulieu Les Nuits Guitares Festival July 25-27, 2019
Plus, each jazz festival has an entire “Off” section of free concerts… think of it like “Off Broadway” – but completely free!
Other local concerts (not free) both before and after the Nice Jazz Festival are presented with Nice Music Live by Nice Jazz Festival, including Les Insus, Jain, Camille, and The Avener & Synapson.
Summer Night Concert Series – Free
The Soirees Estivales/Summer Nights concert series is an all-summer-long string of high-quality concerts of all musical genres, in all the little villages both close and far from Nice, and all free!
Attention Bargain Hunters! The massive 2017 Annual French Summer Sales kick off on July 3rd and go until August 13!
International Fireworks Competitions 2018 – Free
- Monaco Pyromelodic Competition – late July – mid August
- Cannes Festival of Pyrotechnic Art – mid July – mid August
- Antibes Festival Pyromelodic – August
See Related Pages:
- Weekly Open-Air Food and Antique Markets – don’t miss the famous Monday Antique Market at Cours Saleya
- What to do on Sundays in Nice – free afternoon concerts, free museum days, Catholic masses, special family Opera matinees, plus a Sunday night open-air drag show in the Old Town…
- Nice by Nite – concerts, jazz clubs, salsa and tango venues, pub quiz nights, English-language theater and movie venues…
- Summer in Nice: 5 Ways to Beat the Heat
Photo credits:Nice Ironman by Patrice Lapoirie courtesy of the Nice-Matin, Prom Party by Nicetourism.com, Fireworks by Billy Hicks, licensed by Creative Commons. Nice Jazz Festival 2017 by Alain Morana.